Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuck Andress, ninja master.

Hotel Foxtrot Sierra, how is it that I have not paid any attention to Tuck Andress until now?

I need to document the series of YouTube videos that someone has made from what must have been a VHS tape.  They are phenomenally dense, in terms of what they present;  Andress has a master instructor's poise and delivery, which wholly aside from his jaw-dropping guitar mastery is simply impressive to watch.

The first video is here:



Other ones in the series seem to go to volume nine, and those were all just gold-mines of information.  This short captures an example that Andress makes of his technique of playing multiple parts at the same time:



The guy really is a Jedi Master of guitar-fu.  And in addition to all the instructional stuff, it's equally inspiring just to watch him play:



Well.  If it took me this long to discover this resource, I'll damn sure see if I can make the most out of the discovery now.  :-)

No comments: